Thursday, August 11, 2011

Recycling Old into New


I already wrote about this type of project here.

Reusing and Recycling what you already have is a great way to spruce up your house (or closet!) and also great for Mama Earth; and those are two things I like alot!

This tie-dyed sheet was made for me by the fabulous Miss Kary for a 70's party I had at my house. I loved the colors so much that when it came time for me to pack up and move to Europe I just KNEW I would keep it and find a new use for it.

That time has come! After a weekend long sick binge by Emma, where she managed to get sick on almost every piece of clothing, bedding, and piece of furniture within a 2 foot radius of her, I realized I need more than one duvet & pillow cover for her bed. Duh, Mom! What happens when you wash it and there's nothing for the comforter??!! Silly me.

So I looked through my fabric (because again, why buy something, when you can make it and ESPECIALLY using fabric that you already have!), and I found a piece that was extremely colorful. I needed a neutral backing, which I didn't have in my stash, so began looking to buy some other fabrics. Low and behold I needed something from the basement, so went down to get it and came across Kary's sheet. It was perfect! It had almost every color of the fabric I had, plus was totally funky! Just my style...

So, here are a few pics of the final result! I think it came out really nice. Very colorful & homemade for my baby!



Check out the flip side!


And in the end when all the kids have grown out of these duvets - you can easily use them again for another project because it's just one interrupted piece of fabric when you break them apart!

So, voila - another way to recycle into fabulousness.
Vielen Dank, nochmals Kary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment