Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We're starting to tackle the toilet

So we have begun the challenge of potty training.

Let me tell you, with 2 newborns squaking around the house, it has been easier to put it off than to get started. However, now I truly feel that she's ready to take it on.

She knows when she has to go potty before, but it's just teaching her how to hold it. She hates wearing a diaper if it's wet and can take it off herself and lays down to change it. (See previous post about how good she changes her own diaper!)

We haven't gone hard-core just yet. I think when we're in France for 3 weeks in July I will just put her in underwear and work on it then. It will be much easier when we're in the Garden or water all day to do it, I think.

She has a little Frog Potty (see below) and a Kinder toilet seat (see below below). She prefers the Frog more because she can still multitask while on it - sound familiar?! We've tried reading books to her when she sits on the Kinder toilet seat, but she just doesn't like to sit still! And obviously by looking at the photo, she doesn't truly "get" it's use just yet! :)

Hello Froggy!
Watch what I can build!

Just call her Minnie Mouse!

So, here's my plea to all my Mommy Friends...what can I do?? Any ideas would be appreciated, please send them ALL to me! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment