Monday, May 21, 2012

Emma's 3rd Birthday Party

My little baby turned 3!  

Emma is cray cray right now about all things Indian.  Native, that is!  She adores this cartoon called, Yakari, here in Germany so we just HAD to have a  "Yakari Birthday Party" - as she called it.  Mama called it, get all the Native American themed shit you can find and pass it off as Yakari party.  Meh, I suppose her way sounded better...

I started by giving Emme her own "indian name":  Emma Rey Red Feather

2 cakes!  And yes, both had Gummi Bears!
 The kids had a great time.  We did warrior face paint, and I pre-cut construction paper so they could each make their own head dresses adorned with feathers and crayons, Emma's of course was made by Mama!!

My friend, Sandra and her baby Jonas.
No, I didn't have a 4th, that's Merla!

Oma & Opa holding down the fort at the Kiddie Table
 Hajo & Dolly came down to help us out with the last week of a FOUR WEEK PROCESS of integrating the twins into their Daycare program.  You start with only an hour and a half, and work your way S.L.O.W.L.Y up to the whole day at the end of the 4 weeks.  Bwahhhh.  Do we do that, too??

Enthusiastic Emma with one of her presents

We played: Pin the Feather on Emma Rey Red Feather!
 With help from my Dad, I made Emma her own "pin the tail on" game poster.  Her little face with the coolest, biggest headdress we could find!  The kids had to pin a feather onto the feathers on the poster to win the prize.  We even had some of the adults try too, including myself, and out of all of us, Anton (pic above) was the best!!
Here's the poster I made for the game

Christian attempting to steal the spotlight

My Pied Piper british friend taking the kids
on a Magic Picnic Blanket ride!
Everyone had a great time, the weather was awesome.  Which was surprising because the days leading up to, and the very next day after were HORRIBLE.

Happy Birthday, Emma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment