Monday, December 13, 2010

Update from things here


I know, right?? Two posts in one day?? Yes, I'm like that...

Just a quick update for you all. I was out of commission for almost 2 weeks because I was in the Hospital with a kidney infection. Apparently they are quite normal during a pregnancy, although I have never had one before and haven't really heard from my friends about them (until afterwards, ouch, Deia!).

There was nothing "normal" about the amount of pain it caused me. The Dr. even told me that sometimes you just have to "get used to the pain" throughout pr
egnancy from these little "flare-ups". Um, excuse me? I couldn't take a breath without immeasurable pain, how could I push not one but TWO babies out like that?? Alas, the medicine worked and I am back home as of Friday.

It was so hard being in the Hospital because it meant SO MUCH more work for Christian. And being the good man he is, he brought Emma to visit me religiously every day. I'm so lucky and grateful to have such a hard-working, and loving husband. I don't take it for granted ever.

Of course, my "To Do" list compounded daily, and on Friday I came out of the gate running. Most of the things on my list still have to get done, but I did accomplish quite a bit!

I thought I would share with you some of our weather we have been having: White. Typically, I ride my bike to work everyday. I know, I know...6 months pregnant and riding a bike! Well, the snow has definitely put a kabosh on any more bike riding!



Although the snow is quite nice around this time of year, I'm still a Cali-girl at heart and would much rather be seeing some blue skies and palm trees and 80 degree weather! Ahhh, cold weather...one thing I will never learn to love!

Just to end this post on an extremely happy note: Perhaps some of you read my post from a few months back about my friend here who lost her 4 month old baby to SIDS. Well, we had brunch with her yesterday, and she is pregnant again! I am so happy for her. His would have been one year birthday just passed, and it was an extremely difficult time for her. Now knowing she was (and IS) pregnant just makes life feel like it has come full circle. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment