Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom of 3 * Happy Mother's Day to me!

Well, we survived the first month! But I must admit we had major help from both Christian's and my Dad. Who knows how we would've done it otherwise. Alas, they are gone now and we are fending for ourselves!

Mother's Day is a nice day to look back at your own childhood, and for me to reflect on the one I want for my children. I try everyday to make it the best day filled with love, support, nurturing, and yes, discipline ( only for Emma, the Twins have a few weeks!). Somedays I fall short, and somedays I surpass my goals. I focus on the fact that parenting doesn't come with a guidebook (outside of the huge selection at amazon, I mean!), and just like my parents did...I will give the best I can give each day for the kids, and move on to the next day.

Of course its also a reminder of my own Mom. It still hurts, but I have her alive here and living on my walls and in my stories to Emma.

So here's to all my Mother Friends, and to the girls who nurture people everyday...
I truly believe that it takes a village to raise a child. No man is an island!

Here you can see Emma learning how to be a mama to the twins...she is so sweet with them...that, in and of itself tells me I'm doing something right!

1 comment:

  1. HOOWWWWW CUUUUUUTTTTTTTTEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously? Beautiful Jenna! I still can't believe my peach schnapps lovin', strawberry hill drinkin' Willemina love is all growed up!!
    My how time flies, my dear friend!
    We've come a long way since our GHS days!
    I love you so much and am so very happy for you.
    It's all so amazing!
    xoxoxoxoxoxo
    Tutti

    ReplyDelete