Thursday, July 14, 2011

Saying my final goodbyes

I brought my Mom's ashes with me on this trip. Christian and I had planned a special trip to Paris to be able to spread her ashes. By special trip, I mean a total of 2.5 hours because the Grandparents were watching all 3 kids and since I'm still nursing twins I couldn't be gone long!

My Mom had spent a few years in France and loved every moment of it, she was a definite Francophile. I had originally wanted to spread them in Paris & Bombay (now Mumbai) where she spent her Peace Corps years; however decided against it because I didn't want to separate her (in one or another sense of the word).

It was harder than I thought to let them go. I thought for a split second about keeping them, but then just realized it was only a box I would be keeping, not my Mom or her memories.

I took a breath, and just did it.

Sam and I chose a beautiful spot where we agreed she would be happy. It was a beautiful, sunny day in Paris that she would've loved. I think we gave her a nice view, too.


Miss you, Mom.
Rest in peace & tranquility

No comments:

Post a Comment