Friday, April 23, 2010

Emma Rey - Wunderkind


April 11, 2009 - This was my original due date.
April 23, 2009 - Her arrival date.

They induced me, they broke my water, she still wouldn't budge. But then... 16 hours later, a C-Section scare, finding out there was meconium in the fluid, and a little nurse who jumped on top of me and tied a SHEET around me to SQUEEZE her out, the little girl popped out! Those 16 hours washed over me like water. It was an amazing feeling! A Parent was born.

Sidenote: Christian told me later that he thought she "looked like a female boxer who LOST the fight". Um, that's not the right thing to say to me - ever. Luckily, she's unsquished now and beyond a beauty.


This was Emma's first visit into the open world - Christian was so naturally overly cautious! It was adorable. She was a great baby, and even with the trials and trib's of her hip dysplasia she has excelled and gone on to WALK AT 11 MONTHS. We are beyond proud of her, and revel in her on a daily basis.

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Liebe Emma!! Mama und Papa lieben dich mehr und mehr jeden Tag. Wir wuenschen dir einen Schoenen Leben. Mmwaahh! XOXO


1 comment:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday Miss Emma. I hope you had a wonderfully beautiful day and was surronded by love and cake!!!!

    Jenn, why does Miss Emma look like a baby duck flapping her arms while she walks? A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!!!!

    ReplyDelete