Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The "Street legal" Bierbike

I hope that the word "Bierbike" doesn't need too much translation for you. - whoever YOU are!

This is one of THE COOLEST things I've seen since living here: a bicycle built for 16! It's actually built for 14 Cyclists, 1 Driver, and 1 Bartender keeping everyone's drinks full with the keg that's attached to it!

Normally, you'll see it with a bunch of guys as it's a typical Bachelor Party starter, but I have seen it with all girls, and of course, a pleasant mix of both! I love the idea, and how neat would it be to drive through our historic areas (like the one you're seeing), and then ONTO THE STREET and into traffic! I have no idea how this thing is allowed on the street, considering their all drinking beer! Well, let me rephrase, the Driver is technically allowed not to drink, but come on, this is Germany...do we really believe that they're not going to drink?!? NEIN!


Sidenote: I was going to do this for Christian's last birthday, but the poor boy's birthday is in August when the whole damn Continent of Europe is on vacation, so I couldn't find 16 of us. Plus, you know, I have a kid and no one to babysit....meh, so there's that. Anyways, the next time you and 14 other people I know are in town, what do you say we hitch our keg pump to this ride??

If you'd like to read/see more about the Bierbike, you can click here.
Auf W.

1 comment:

  1. GET OUT OF TOWN!!!! I am sooooo down with this! and you know Switzerland(sp?) will be in!!

    ReplyDelete