Friday, April 16, 2010

Frankfurt's own Eiffel Tower

Do you see the round, mirrored building with the antennae on it? That's where I went on today's adventure. I went to the Main Tower building today with Melanie & Felix - they're from my playgroup - very nice, but she's from southern Germany where they kinda talk funny withthewordsallsquishedtogether n' stuff, so it's always a challenge for my understanding and speaking of this wonderfully, complicated German language. Oh, and do you see this "demonstration" that's happening beneath the Euro sign?? It's because they want to abolish "Sales Quotas in Germany"!! So basically, employers shouldn't be able to require their Employees to have to "meet" a certain sales quota to stay employeed. Hahaha, OMG I was laughing as I took the picture and Melanie looked at me like I was an absolute lunatic until I explained to her that that's what people LIVED OFF OF at my old job at Longo!!! HiLARious.

How cute does my little girl look? I swear, it was the struggle against good and evil to force her to keep the hat on!! Yeah, mommy won! Tenacious E has got nothing on me! She's walking so well now, and walks better than the 4 month older boy we were there with. I know, I know, we shouldn't compare kids - but whatevers, I do - sue me! My little girl rocked that Observation Deck with her Sun Hat and tiny, silver shoes!

Here's Felix! He's a cutie, the boy has got 12 teeth and can eat a sandwich faster than I can! He's a sweet boy, and last week when we met we were approached by a camera crew at the playground asking permission to film the kids for a local new report. If I can get a link to it, I'll post it here to share with ya!


Well hello there! Greetings from the Main Tower! FYI - you see that haze in the air?? Nope, it's not smog, it's clean air over here....that's from the Volcano that erupted in Iceland! It's grounded the majority of flights across Europe - including our very own Frankfurt Airport - and it's left this haze over the city, and a strange smell...ewwww...meh, I guess anything's better than smog, though!


Alright, kids! Get your last playtime on - we're headed home!
p.s. Do you see a difference in how the kids are dressed??
Felix = Ready for a snowstorm, Emma = Sun n' Fun!!! Am I a bad mommy???


Wie immer, ich wuensche Euch ein schoenen Tag! Tschuess!

No comments:

Post a Comment