Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Germans ARE superior - in some things...

I don't know what amazes me more, how some people are so coordinated - or how I'm so clutzy. This afternoon I was running some errands with Emma in tow, and usually I trip over cracks in the concrete while walking so it's always good that I've got the stroller in front of me because it breaks my fall a bit.

When what do I spy with my little eye?? This insanely looking picturesque woman riding by me on a bicycle -- fast, I might say -- HOLDING AN UMBRELLA IN ONE HAND. Um, oh yeah...did I mention it was raining? As usual in Frankfurt, the grey clouds of doom were above us, and the pee pee of the Gods were coming down. I stopped in amazement that this woman was able to ride her bike so fast, while holding the umbrella, and looking FLAWLESS doing so. I guess she's had so much practice doing it as there's always bad weather here. Unlike us Los Angelenos that crash into every object within a 20 foot radius of our pathway when the rain comes twice a year!

Next time, I'll try to capture a picture of these Amazing Germans!

p.s. I am working on a new retrospective piece entitled:
Germans Airing their Dirty Laundry -- stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment