Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day to my Forever Valentine


Valentines Day doesn't mean much over here. But it means something to me...

It's considered pretty much everything you hear about being a "Hallmark Holiday". Although we made little Valentines for Emma's classmates, no one really celebrates it too much. YES, you can still buy the obligatory heart chocolates, but they are not strewn around the stores like they are in the U.S.

Christian and I really don't celebrate it much. I guess by celebrate I mean "exchange presents". Last year I got him some much needed replacement Hugo Boss underwear he had been needing. (Sorry, hun!) He didn't get me anything. I am ALWAYS digging him whenever we pass by the many flower shops on the streets here, "Oh, look how beautiful!". His response, "let's walk faster". It's definitely a joke with us - of course I would like him to bring me home some flowers one day "just because". But I'm not a fool, and I know he's probably not going to do that. In the end, I'm totally okay with that, because my own reality is: I CAN BUY MY OWN DAMN FLOWERS WHENEVER I WANT - AND OFTEN DO!!! And occasionally I will get a nice, Thai massage and thank him for his "gift". He's always happy to do so!

But just because we don't celebrate it the traditional way, doesn't mean that it is a meaningless holiday. I view it as one (of many other) special days to remind yourself you are with your partner for a reason; and to be damn thankful about it!

Christian is my best friend. I was so lucky to meet him, fall in love with him, marry him, and now have children with him. He takes such good care of me, even when I'm as stubborn as a mule and try to be angry with him, or do something stupid and try to justify my way out of it, or as in the case lately, can't do hardly ANYTHING, and he has to do almost EVERYTHING.

So, for my Forever Valentine, thanks for loving me - faults and all!

OMG, she's so young here!

The Inseparable Duo!

p.s. I would love to post one of my favorite pics of JUST him from our wedding, but as many of you know, Emma so nicely decided to play Guitar Hero on my laptop and all my photos went bye-bye. So the next best thing is my two favorite Valentines together!

1 comment:

  1. so true and so cute.
    love you jenna!
    happy heart day my sista from anotha mista!

    ReplyDelete