Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Zooperific!

I love the Zoo! Always have.

I still remember going to the LA Zoo and getting small animals made out of plastic from a vending machine that MADE it while you waited! It was the coolest thing. Does anyone else remember that machine??

So, of course another stop in our What to Do in Phoenix search was the Phoenix Zoo, which was actually voted one of the Top 5 Zoo's for Kids in the Nation! I would say it definitely lived up to that title.

Note to self: MORE globe, LESS asphalt.
mkthanks.

Look Ma, MONKEYS!

So Emma decided to pick her own outfit that day and WOULD NOT change for anything. I saw my Dad kinda sit back and watch me when I was ineffectively coaxing her out of her chosen ensemble. He was enjoying every minute of this whole "Parenthood" thing. And in the end, he said, "I think she looks beautiful".

Um, okay. I think you can give fashion advice when you learn there are other shirts besides Tommy Bahama shirts out there.



Giraffes!!


Hungry Giraffes!!
Sidenote: the woman here in the picture heard me speaking some German to Emma and we later learned her daughter lives in a town not far from us. We had a nice conversation, and it was actually nice to find a use for my German outside of Germany.

We had a great time, and made some great memories with my Dad! Another spot that comes highly recommended by the Spoerhase Five - although it was only two of us, and I'm not technically a "Spoerhase". Does that make it any less of a recommendation?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment