Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fabulous Flea Market Finds

Every other weekend there is a Flea Market by the Maine River, here in Frankfurt. It's a great little walk for us, and usually we find one or two little (or big!) things that fit us and our apartment perfectly. They even serve BBQ'd meat from a spinning metal fire pit...and beer! How can your Saturday be wrong starting off like that??First off was a cute, little white bench. And when I say little, I mean little. Perfect size for my little one! It was so cute, and so perfect for us. We have actually been searching for a bench for our hallways for thelongesttimeever, so it was nice to find one that was at least perfect for SOMEONE in our family! We're debating over putting it on our back balcony (where you see it in the photo), or in the backyard for summertime fun. I plan to add a cute little bench pillow made from the same fabric as the one I plan on making for our chairs there, too. Emma really likes it, and it was her first time on the balcony so she was ecstatic that she found a new play area! Don't mind the half hazard balcony...we'll be pimping it soon enough now that the frost is away and the sun is (slowly) coming back!

Like those chairs?? Those 2 little beauties were finds from the Fall!

After we paid 12 Euro (I know, right?? 12 Euro!) for that little cutie and left it to be picked up on our roundtrip back, we came across another little bit of fun for Miss Emma! A rocking horse...er, I mean reindeer! Rock on, girlfriend!! Oh, BTW...2 Euros.

I also came home with a few colorful and brand-new planter pots to help pimp up that pitiful balcony o'mine, and a beautiful, white vintage vase before Christian cut me off. I was on a roll!

And just because it's too darn cute not to share with you, here's a pair of denim bloomer/pants that I bought at a Kinder Flohmarkt (Childrens Flea Market - for toys/clothes) for 1 Euro! They appear to be handmade with a little ribbon detail around the legs, and are in perfect condition! Oh my, summer here we come!
I know, RIGHTTTT?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment