Thursday, March 25, 2010

Unbelievable Pain

I had a playdate scheduled for yesterday, it was abruptly cancelled on Tuesday last minute in a very strange email. I responded with my normal, "No problem - another time!", only to find out minutes ago that it was cancelled because the baby died of SIDS in his sleep Monday night.

He was four months old.

I CANNOT IMAGINE HER PAIN. She is a Student of mine who became pregnant about the same time Emma was born. We live right around the corner from each other, so naturally stayed in contact and had playdates together. We just loaned her a little baby gate, saw her at the Kinder Flohmarkts, and she just made me copies of all the music CD's that Luis loved. I ran into her on the street on Monday afternoon and chatted about Wednesday and her little man.

I do not want to attach pictures to this post because I think it's a little invasive. But for the maybe 2 people who read this - please say a prayer for their family. And hug your kids.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jenn,

    There is not a word I could say that would express how heartsick I am for your friend. I will definitely keep them in my prayers.

    give big hugs to Miss Emma and Christian from me
    love ya tons

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful! I will certainly keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete