Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy early Birthday to ME!!


I'm so excited!! I have been wanting an ice cream maker for the longest time! Ice cream is such a huge part of German culture - although I find it strange that they continually eat ice cream in Winter!! During the warmer month (notice it's not plural!), you can find EisCafes all over the city, and they make the most beautifully presented ice cream sundaes in the world! It's almost as much about the presentation as it is about the flavors!

So. because I'm hugely pregnant...because I might actually have to share my birthday with them...and because I literally BEGGED for months, here is my early Birthday Present:

Eismaschine GVS 241 Gefrierbehälter 16 Liter Fassungsvermögen

I'm super excited to try so many flavors: Strawberries & Cream, Lemon Verbena, Melon Sorbet, Basil & Mint...and my favorite: Rose Ice Cream! It's one of the reasons I go to France every year...for their deliciously and delightful Rose Ice Cream!! I have yet to find it here, and have never heard of it in the U.S., people say that it's popular in France due to the heavy Arabic influence...Lara, Crissi, is this true?? Either way, it's completely yummy! I'll let you know how it turns out the first time I make it.

Happy Birthday, to me!

p.s. In the most adorable coincidence in the planet, Emma just learned to sing "Happy Birthday" last week in her pre-school. I swear she sounds like an old man when she sings it, it's so funny to hear her speak all in English because I'm so used to her little German voice! I will post a video of it as soon as she lets me!



No comments:

Post a Comment