Thursday, March 31, 2011

SWEEP THE LEG!!

Anyone who doesn't get that Karate kid reference, please leave my blog immediately! ;)

Actually, my Sensai swept the membranes.

Translation?

The Dr. tried to manually do something to hurry this labor along today at the hospital. She told me the last time she did it the person delivered within 24 hours. I'm still waiting on a call back from her to find out if my tears worked and if they will induce me on Monday.

Oh yes, the tears made an appearance today at my appointment. Aside from the fact that I've taken to sleeping sitting upright due to this horrible heartburn that wakes me up with a mouth full of acid, and that I only slept 3 hours last night; I walked outside today to discover that someone stole my bike. So now, I can officially say that I am no longer riding my bicycle...due in no part to my own actions. How crappy is that? If this person only knew the story behind the bicycle!!! That it was my ONLY means of transportation due to this ginormous belly, and how I loved still being able to have wind in my hair for a few minutes during the day. I swear, they'd better not hope I see them riding around. I'll kick them off of that bike faster than they can say, "Neinnnnnn!!!!".

It's been a week of bad news and no movement on the labor front. My darling friend, I have nothing to complain about since I heard your news. My lack of labor and (now) missing bike pale in comparison. My heart is with you and your family as you deal with this new discovery. I can't wait until we're together again to play with our 3 kids (each!). Hopefully, they can have their own coffee cans someday...I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Talk about waterworks! I love you, Jenn!
    ...and I really hope the membrane sweeping does the trick :) L-O-V-E the title of this entry! But I will have you know that this montage will be stuck in my head all day...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBktYJsJq-E

    ReplyDelete